What happens if you were pulled over because the police officers on the scene suspected that you were drinking? As a result, they asked you to appear in court even if you didn’t receive formal charges. However, you never showed up in court and now you believe that you’re automatically ‘off the hook.’ Unfortunately, this is probably not the case and you have probably received a warrant for your arrest under something known as ‘failure to appear’ or FTA. You may wonder, then: Why haven’t I been arrested? Usually, instead of sending out law enforcement officials to look for you, you will instead be pulled over for an unrelated violation and brought in on those charges. The cops figure that they will catch up to you eventually.

This opens up some questions about the FTA and how you can make your warrant go away when you have been charged with any crime, which we will discuss today.


Have you received an FTA because you failed to appear in court when you were pulled over and made the agreement to go to the hearing? The best thing that you can do for yourself and your case if you choose to defend yourself is to hire an attorney before moving forward. From there, you will be able to ask the judge to consider recalling the warrant so that you can come to the hearing and defend yourself from the charges. Though you will probably not need an attorney to do this, you will need an attorney to help you protect your rights.

One of the reasons why people fail to appear is because they moved states, which sometimes doesn’t mean that you intentionally failed to appear. And, the fact of the matter is that an FTA and a warrant does not go away just because you moved states. No matter what, you will have to appear, so it is important that you speak to your attorney as soon as possible about your case. We want to help in your time of need, so give us a call today at the Law Office of Peter Blair. We will help you protect your rights, and we want to speak with you.